Booking terms and conditions
Please read these booking conditions carefully before booking, together with the tour description. We are here to help you select your perfect walking or cycling holiday. These Terms and Conditions were updated in January 2022 to reflect the latest Coronavirus guidance. Please contact us with any questions or concerns before booking.
Holidays are provided by National Forest E-Bike Holidays (referred to as “the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Where we refer to “you” or “your”, this includes the main named person on the booking form and everyone else for whom the booking is made. Holidays are subject to the following booking conditions.
Booking your walking or EBike cycling holiday
1. In accordance with UK law, all participants must be over 14 to ride an electric bike. For insurance purposes, please contact us directly if a member of your proposed party is under 16.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all people accompanying you, have the required level of fitness and health for your chosen holiday. Conditions which could affect your ability to complete your chosen walking or EBike cycling holiday should be declared at the time of booking. This will enable us to modify the itinerary if required. We reserve the right to request a doctor’s confirmation of fitness.
3. By completing the booking form and entering a contract, you understand and accept any risk associated with this type of holiday, such as potential cycling hazards or adverse weather conditions.
4. A completed booking form is required to confirm your booking. We will e-mail confirmation of availability of your selected route, together with a secure payment link. This will confirm the final price and the deposit required per person. The final price of your walking or cycling holiday depends on your chosen accommodation and duration of your holiday. Please check the confirmation carefully and contact us if there are any errors.
5. Prices quoted on our website are a guide and can change at any time, until a contract exists between us.
6. A deposit of £75 per person is required within 5 working days of your booking confirmation. Once your deposit has cleared we will send you a confirmation and a contract will exist between us. This contract is governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
7. The remaining cost of your holiday must be paid within 6 weeks (42 days) of the start date of your holiday. Full payment at the time of booking is required for any holiday booked less than 6 weeks before your holiday start date.
8. We reserve the right to cancel your holiday if the balance is not paid in time. Cancellation charges will apply as detailed below.
9. Travel to your starting hotel is not part of your holiday contract with ourselves. Our responsibility begins at the appointed time, at the designated meeting point.
10. No refund or compensation will be given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the holiday.
11. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have suitable insurance cover for your walking or cycling holiday. Please note that we recommend that you have suitable travel insurance that covers you, should you test positive for COVID 19 prior or during your tour. For peace of mind, we suggest a policy that includes cancellation cover, should you need to cancel at the last minute.
12. Information regarding weather, places of interest etc is provided in good faith. It is your responsibility to verify this information.
13. Unless you tell us otherwise at the time of booking, images taken of you or your party during your holiday may be used in promotional activity such as the website and social media.
Changes to your booking - new flexible booking
14. Sometimes circumstances change. If required, you may change your booking start date free of charge, up to 6 weeks before your holiday start date. Should you need to cancel, then please see our cancellation terms.
15. Should someone named on the booking form be unable to participate in their holiday then the booking may be transferred to another person at no additional cost. This is subject to them meeting the booking conditions laid out in this document.
16. When booking your cycling or walking holiday with National Forest EBike Holidays, you agree that we will have no liability for possible costs, expenses, compensation in the event of you, or anyone in your group being unable to travel due to, testing positive for COVID-19 or having suspected COVID-19, or having come into close contact with someone with COVID 19 and needing to quarantine. Subject to availability, we will offer you the opportunity to postpone your holiday to a later date. We will endeavour to ensure that this is at the same price, but are unable to guarantee this. Our standard cancellation charges will be imposed, should you need to cancel your holiday. Evidence of the diagnosis or requirement to self-isolate may be required.
Note : We strongly recommend all guests have suitable travel insurance that covers you, should you test positive for COVID 19 prior or during your tour. For peace of mind, we suggest a policy that includes cancellation cover, should you need to cancel at the last minute.
Cancelling your EBike cycling or walking holiday
17. A request to cancel must be received in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply:
More than 42 days - deposit
Between 42 and 30 days – 50% of holiday cost
Less than 30 days before departure - 100% of holiday cost
If we cancel or change your walking or cycling holiday
18. We work hard to ensure that the information provided at the time of your booking is accurate. Should something change, such as a named hotel, then we will notify you as soon as possible. You can choose to accept the change or cancel your holiday and receive a full refund.
19. We will only cancel your holiday for circumstances beyond our reasonable control. These could include, but are not limited to, civil or political unrest, terrorism, flooding, issues with your selected accommodation.
20. If we cancel then we will try to offer an alternative holiday. If this is of a lower value then we will refund you the difference. If the alternative is not acceptable then you will receive a full refund.
21. Should we have to cancel your holiday because of COVID Government restrictions, then we will offer you the choice of rescheduling your holiday, to a date to suit you, or a full refund within 14 days.
22. We shall not be held liable for any losses caused by your actions.
23. Our liability does not extend to potential losses caused by circumstances beyond our control, such as strikes or political unrest.
24. Cycling can be a dangerous activity. It is your responsibility to consider potential risks before committing to a cycling holiday. All persons undertaking a cycling or walking holiday do so at their own risk. National Forest EBike Holidays will not be held responsible for accidents that occur during the holiday.
25. We will not be liable for any injury caused by failure to wear safety equipment or follow the provided safety advice.
26. We will not be liable for any loss caused by travel not provided by us, such as cancellation of rail services.
27. Vehicles left at the starting accommodation are done so at your own risk. We are unable to accept any liability, should any damage or theft occur to this vehicle during your holiday.
28. Equipment provided as part of your electric bike holiday remains our property. You will not sell, hire out or lend any equipment loaned to you.
29. You agree to take care of equipment included in your holiday and return it in the same condition as it was provided. We reserve the right to charge you for any missing items or damage.
30. We are constantly upgrading our equipment and some items may differ to the description on our website.
31. You agree to ensure that equipment is suitably secured when not in use.
32. You agree to notify us at the earliest possible opportunity in the event of the breakdown or loss of any equipment.
33. In the event of a breakdown we will ensure that you receive either a replacement equipment or repair.
34. Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your holiday with us.
35. To enable us to try to resolve any problems, please notify us at the earliest opportunity.
36. Please make the hotel manager aware of any issues with your accommodation to allow them to try to find a suitable resolution.
37. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction then please notify us in writing, no later than 30 days after your holiday.
38. We take safety seriously and will consider the agreement terminated, should we believe that your behaviour poses a risk to either the general public, yourself, or our staff. A refund will not be provided.
39. You agree not to use the equipment whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
40. You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you, including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
Your Financial Protection
41. In accordance with Package Travel Regulations 2018 and for your financial protection, all monies paid to National Forest E-Bike Holidays are protected until your holiday is complete.
42. We've taken all possible precautions to limit the potential risk of COVID 19 transmission and we ask our guests to also play their part before and during your walking or cycling holiday. More than ever, we strongly recommend guests ensure that they have suitable holiday insurance in place. In booking a holiday you accept that you will will follow any specific actions or precautions as directed by authorities and understand that these are subject to change.
43. Please read our COVID 19 Code of Conduct guidelines before booking your holiday. Our Booking Terms and Conditions assume that you agree to these guidelines. When booking you agree to follow the advice and procedures in place by ourselves, our accommodation providers and activity suppliers. These procedures are designed to look after all guests and staff. You also agree that it is your responsibility to comply with any relevant Government advice, in place at the time of your holiday. Please ask for clarification of notify ourselves or accommodation providers of any possible concerns or uncertainty.
44. When booking your cycling or walking holiday with National Forest EBike Holidays, you agree that we will have no liability for possible costs, expenses, compensation in the event of you, or anyone in your group being unable to travel due to, testing positive for COVID-19 or having suspected COVID-19, or having come into close contact with someone with COVID 19 and needing to quarantine within 14 days of your holiday start date. Subject to availability, we will offer you the opportunity to postpone your holiday to a later date. Please note that we are unable to guarantee that this will be at the same price. Our standard cancellation charges will be imposed, should you choose to cancel your holiday booking. We recommend that all members of your party have suitable travel insurance in place to cover you should you need to cancel your holiday.
45. Should you develop symptoms or test positive during your walking or cycling holiday then please notify ourselves and your accommodation provider as soon as possible. It is your responsibility to notify the relevant authorities, if required. We will offer all possible support about travel to your car. However, we are unable to offer collection or arrange collection. If you are unable to cycle or walk back to your car safely then the recovery of your vehicle and passage home are your responsibility. We will not be liable for any additional costs incurred including additional accommodation required, transport costs, emergency collection. Should you require medical assistance whilst on the road then call NHS 111 or 999.
46. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have suitable protective face coverings and hand sanitiser with you for the holiday duration. Please note that we will be unable to provide washing facilities for masks, so please bring sufficient for your entire holiday, if required.
47. We are in regular contact with attractions and information is provided in good faith. Please note that there may be restrictions and booking requirements in place. Where possible we will notify guests at the time of booking, but these may be subject to change at very short notice. We are unable to take responsibility for any closures or restrictions.
48. Our handovers have always been conducted outside. Subject to restrictions, we may ask guests to be a little more hands on, in terms of adjustments to saddle height etc, with verbal instruction from ourselves.