Booking terms and conditions
Please read these booking conditions carefully before booking, together with the tour description. We are here to help you select your perfect cycling holiday. Please contact us with any questions or concerns before booking.
Holidays are provided by National Forest E-Bike Holidays (referred to as “the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Where we refer to “you” or “your”, this includes the main named person on the booking form and everyone else for whom the booking is made. Holidays are subject to the following booking conditions.
Booking your e-bike cycling holiday
1. You must be over 18 to book an e-bike cycling holiday. In accordance with UK law, all participants must be over 14 to ride an electric bike.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all people accompanying you, have the required level of fitness and health for your chosen holiday. Conditions which could affect your ability to complete your chosen electric bike cycling holiday should be declared at the time of booking. This will enable us to modify the itinerary if required. We reserve the right to request a doctor’s confirmation of fitness.
3. By completing the booking form and entering a contract, you understand and accept any risk associated with this type of holiday, such as potential cycling hazards or adverse weather conditions.
4. A completed booking form is required to confirm your booking. We will e-mail confirmation of availability of your selected route. This will confirm the final price and the non-refundable deposit required per person. The final price of your electric bike cycling holiday depends on your chosen accommodation and duration of your holiday. Please check the confirmation carefully and contact us if there are any errors.
5. Prices quoted on the website are a guide and can change at any time, until a contract exists between us.
6. The deposit is required within 7 working days of your booking confirmation. Once your deposit has cleared we will send you a confirmation and a contract will exist between us. This contract is governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
7. The remaining cost of your holiday must be paid within 8 weeks of the start date of your e-bike cycling holiday. Full payment at the time of booking is required for any holiday booked less than 8 weeks before your holiday start date.
8. We reserve the right to cancel your holiday if the balance is not paid in time. Cancellation charges will apply as detailed below.
9. Travel to your starting hotel is not part of your holiday contract with ourselves. Our responsibility begins at the appointed time, at the designated meeting point.
10. No refund or compensation will be given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the holiday.
11. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have suitable insurance cover for your e-bike cycling holiday.
12. Information regarding weather, places of interest etc is provided in good faith. It is your responsibility to verify this information.
13. Unless you tell us otherwise at the time of booking, images taken of you or your party during your e-bike cycling holiday may be used in promotional activity such as the website and social media.
Changes to your booking
14. Sometimes circumstances change and will try our hardest to accommodate any amendments requested, after issuing the confirmation invoice. If we can't meet your requested changes, then the original contract and booking terms remain valid.
15. Should someone named on the booking form be unable to participate in their holiday then the booking may be transferred to another person at no additional cost. This is subject to them meeting the booking conditions laid out in this document.
Cancelling your e-bike cycling holiday
16. A request to cancel must be received in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply:
More than 60 days - deposit
Between 60 and 46 days - 50% of holiday cost
45 days or less - 100% of holiday cost
If we cancel or change your e-bike cycling holiday
17. We work hard to ensure that the information provided at the time of your booking is accurate. Should something change, such as a named hotel, then we will notify you as soon as possible. You can choose to accept the change or cancel your holiday and receive a full refund.
18. We will only cancel your holiday for circumstances beyond our reasonable control. These could include, but are not limited to, civil or political unrest, terrorism, flooding, issues with your selected accommodation.
19. If we cancel then we will try to offer an alternative holiday. If this is of a lower value then we will refund you the difference. If the alternative is not acceptable then you will receive a full refund.
20. We shall not be held liable for any losses caused by your actions.
21. Our liability does not extend to potential losses caused by circumstances beyond our control, such as strikes or political unrest.
22. Cycling can be a dangerous activity. It is your responsibility to consider potential risks before committing to a cycling holiday. All persons undertaking a cycling holiday do so at their own risk. National Forest Cycling will not be held responsible for accidents that occur during the holiday.
23. We will not be liable for any injury caused by failure to wear the provided safety equipment or follow the provided safety advice.
24. We will not be liable for any loss caused by travel not provided by us, such as cancellation of rail services.
25. Equipment provided as part of your electric bike holiday remains our property. You will not sell, hire out or lend any equipment loaned to you.
26. You agree to take care of equipment included in your holiday and return it in the same condition as it was provided. We reserve the right to charge you for any missing items or damage.
27. We are constantly upgrading our equipment and some items may differ to the description on our website.
28. You agree to ensure that equipment is suitably secured when not in use.
29. You agree to notify us at the earliest possible opportunity in the event of the breakdown or loss of any equipment.
30. In the event of a breakdown we will ensure that you receive either a replacement equipment or repair.
31. Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your holiday with us.
32. To enable us to try to resolve any problems, please notify us at the earliest opportunity.
33. Please make the hotel manager aware of any issues with your accommodation to allow them to try to find a suitable resolution.
34. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction then please notify us in writing, no later than 30 days after your e-bike cycling holiday.
35. We take safety seriously and will consider the agreement terminated, should we believe that your behaviour poses a risk to either the general public, yourself, or our staff. A refund will not be provided.
36. You agree not to use the equipment whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
37. You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you, including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
Your Financial Protection
38. In accordance with EU Travel Regulations and for your financial protection, all monies paid to National Forest E-Bike Holidays are held in a separate secure account until your holiday is completed.